Monday 6 June 2016

The Big Trip Part 1

Four hours of toots, bumps, crying babies, rumbling tummies and snores. A.K.A-  a road trip.
Last week me, my mum, my sister, my Aunty Sarah, my Aunty Rose, my baby cousin Alex, Marissa and Malika(they're kind of like cousins) loaded up the car and started our journey to France - the land of baguettes, croissants and pain au chocolat.
We were in my Aunty Sarah's car for most of the trip but for a good forty minutes we were on a really cool ferry. Mum was very interested in the white cliffs of Dover. The ferry was awesome. It had a big arcade in it, an outside area so you can look at the water, and a cool Starbucks. By the time we got to France it was about 10:00am because we left at about 5:00am. Ater that we had another big car trip, but this time it was in France.
Eventually we arrived at our hotel. It was pretty cool too but nothing to special. Me, my mum and my sister stayed in our own hotel room and my Aunty Sarah, my Aunty Rose, my baby cousin Alex, Marissa, and Malika all stayed in their own room. (I imagine it was pretty squashed in there.)
Later that night, my mum and Aunty Sarah went out to the supermarket. They said they were going to be about half an hour. They ended up being about 3 hours. Poor Marissa had to look after me all that time. Even I felt sorry for her. I was getting worried, although all was forgiven when they brought back McDonalds for dinner. (At about 9:00pm)
We all had to have a good night sleep that night because we were waking up early the next day so we could make the most of Disneyland!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you hooked me into the story William... very descriptive. We were talking about your writing just the other day so its great to see you are still creating magic with your words.

    ReplyDelete