Wednesday 16 March 2016

What's Behind the Cupboard Door? Chapter 1

"15 16 17 18 19 20 - READY OR NOT HERE I COME!" shouted Emily (my little sister) and as soon I heard her I knew I was in trouble. I hadn't even found a hiding spot yet and I could hear Emily coming down the stairs.

I quickly ran into the kitchen and as fast as I could hid in the cupboard. But as I was shutting the door to the cupboard I fell back and BANG! It was as loud as a gunshot. My head had smacked into the shelf that all of the suitcases are on.

As I was getting up, the shelf snapped and all the suitcases and bags fell on top of me. I tried to shout out for help but a bag was stuck on top of my mouth.

I was beginning to panic. I kicked my legs up and down, down and up, left and right until my leg hit something on the wall.

I could only just see but with what I could see I noticed that the roof was rising. My eyes widened as I tried to make sense of what was going on. Wait a minute, the roof wasn't rising, the floor was sinking down into the ground like an elevator! My heart was practically popping out of my chest.

As the room slowly sunk deeper and deeper, Emily's voice got quieter and quieter...


1 comment:

  1. I read this and it is good William. I love how you included me in your story.

    ReplyDelete